Donate If You Enjoyed

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Big Announcement

Mr C's Big Announcement 


It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The beer tasted like soap I thought. Umm yummy.



This was written by one of my best friends in Japan who is from New Zealand.

With his permission I am posting this and not using his name. But it starts with a B.


So I'll fill you in on a few details on one of stories.
-Myles' neck was in a brace (he can explain the story of that).
-We had moved the Nagahama Block meetings from Roman Beer (hall) to this Brazilian restaurant across the train tracks (near the castle).  This was for a few reasons; we kept getting mean looks from the staff at Roman Beer (foreigners got banned for a while I think), also this new place had a big upstairs area that was always empty, and the food and beer was cheaper (they served these deep-fried parcels of meat and veges, don't know what they were called.  Everything got served in these weird wicker baskets, which things would leak through.
Anyway, it came time for the Block meeting.  I'd already gone to the station to meet Sachi, so Myles was going to get a ride with Mr.C.  But, Mr.C was feeling sick, so he made Myles drive.  Even though Myles couldn't turn his head to look to the side at intersections.

So we're all there at the block meeting, we've played our usual Mariokart tourney, everyone's eaten, we've talked about whatever business needed to be talked about (the Christmas party maybe).  It was getting late, and so Sachi and I got up to leave.  Just as we were at the staircase, Mr.C suddenly stood up, as if he had a big announcement to make.  But instead of speaking he picked up one of those little wicker baskets and vomited copiously into it.  Now of course, those little baskets couldn't even contain our food very well, so it acted more like a sieve, firing streams of vomit in all different directions.  It was, needless to say, a spectacular sight.  There was a moment of complete silence, as everyone tried to process what happened, then people started to rush over to help.  As soon as they were in range ka-blammo! he struck again.
Sachi turned to me and asked 'should we go back and help?'  And I said 'looks like they've got it under control' and sprinted out the door.


Myles follow-up details

I didn't like the beer at Roman Beer (hall) anyways so it wasn't a big loss for me. Plus every time I drank it I got diarrhoea. I thought it tasted like soap. I was more than glad to move from there to the Brazilian place.
They really hated us at Roman Beer. Lots of drunk foreigners doing dumb stuff and making too much noise I reckon. Perhaps like this fellow below.


Dumb Gaijin! We think we got a license to be idiots once we arrive in Japan. I know I did!


-In addition, my neck was in a brace cause a Judo teacher tried to kill me. He snapped some cartilage in my spine, which meant I couldn't turn my neck (a future blogpost perhaps?). I shouldn't have been driving, cripples shouldn't drive (especially the broken neck variety). 
Mr.C felt sick and by that point we were late so I had no choice, it was a dangerous drive. I didn't want to tell him but when we crossed the train-tracks I couldn't turn to look either direction and floored it. 

Luckily, we survived. For once!


Those damn pumpkins! How can you not love them!


If you found anything above amusing or even slightly funny help me out and click one of those boxes above or give me a Google +1 or something. Might come in handy in the future.



Other funny stories from this blog 
http://memoirsgaijin.blogspot.ca/

My blog about everyday life (not Japan related)
http://eyethroughtheglass.blogspot.ca/


My Youtube Channel 
(makes no sense just like my blog)
http://www.youtube.com/user/judoka4eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Top Blog Sites

http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss