Donate If You Enjoyed

Friday, September 14, 2012

Obama's Erection Very Big!

Obama’s election as its so called. Or as the Japanese like to call it something a bit different.


In this case I got you covered Obama. I don't know for sure but I will take the Japanese peoples word for it. No need for inspection.

As you know that statistically if everyone in a class makes the same mistake it cannot be duplicated unless they are copying each other or don't know the answer. Probably, if you ran the test a hundred times in Canada there is no way the results would ever be the same, but in Japan, alas, its possible to always be the same. The joy of Japanese language (katakana and gairaigo) poisoning English. Katakana is an alphabet to Japanize foreign load words and gairaigo is words in Japanese taken from other languages. If you have any Japanese friends you are well aware of this fact. If you have ever seen a T-shirt that makes no sense, there is a good chance it was made in Japan.
Watch out for the bacteria pot monsters, they might get you with their delicacies. 

I wasn't sure which if people were copying or no one knew the answers when I marked my students tests. I noticed that they were the same repeat mistakes and tended to be with words that had a pronunciation in Japanese and had been “Japanized”. I couldn't understand how every student could write suriipee (Sue-Re-Pee) for sleepy or mirk (Merk) for milk. I knew already everyone said the word the same way and that it was wrong, no matter how many times I taught it. It was like taking blood from a stone to get them to change it, aka Mission Impossible. 
There were always mistakes with L’s and R’s. In Japanese L's sound somewhere inbetween but closer to R. There are no L’s in the Japanese language. Most people replaced any English word that has an L with an R which causes endless mistakes. Check out the website at the end to see some examples, hilarious. Since this topic is occurring again in the news right now let me tell you a topic you should never discuss with Japanese people, “Elections”. You see as everyone in United States is watching Obama’s election, the Japanese are watching Obama’s erection. “Big!!  Very very big, I like (rike) to watch”, my friends would repeat.“Everyone likes (rikes) Obama, big big erection!”. I didn't know if I should correct them. I would giggle. More than one friend “Do you like (raike) Obama’s erection?”. Um, uhhhh, uhhh, how should I answer.“I'm not American, so I don’t really care who it is as long as its not Bush, he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed", I answered.“But what about Obama erection? Isn't it nice? Its very big in America”. Again I didn't know how to answer or how should I clarify I didn't know the results of their actual question. I finally gave in to the trap “Yes, Obama’s election is big”. Their response “So Myles likes (rikes) Obama’s erection?”. “Yes”, I answered with my head down.



Hey this one applies to Obama. Don't play games with a hard on.  Or leave a dog in the ark. 

If you found anything above amusing or even slightly funny help me out and click one of those boxes above or give me a Google +1 or something. Might come in handy in the future.



Other funny stories from this blog 
http://memoirsgaijin.blogspot.ca/

My blog about everyday life (not Japan related)
http://eyethroughtheglass.blogspot.ca/


My Youtube Channel 
(makes no sense just like my blog)
http://www.youtube.com/user/judoka4eva



If you have never heard of this, check it out. Engrish .com. Lots of examples of the power of incorrect English. Highly entertaining.
http://engrish.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Top Blog Sites

http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss